Monday, August 2, 2010

Buckle Down!

Today I discovered the power of proactivity. Well, not really, but it sounds good right?
Apparently you can find coupons online. Good ones. Both Michael's and Joanne Fabrics put an ad out in the paper every week. There's usually a coupon for 40% off a single item, sometimes for more. So, since I couldn't remember what I did with my ad, I just found it online and printed it. Which felt very proactive. Then I rode my bike to Michael's and bought the skein of yarn that I've been missing so that I can start on the Gaelic Blanket for Paul's parents.

I haven't crocheted in awhile and it took a little time to get back into the hang of it. It appears that the few rows that I had done when I started it were quite a few stitches off because I couldn't get the pattern to work out. Knitting I think is easier for counting because you can tell right away if you got off. It's harder to see if you're off with this crochet pattern. Hopefully it won't be as hard to work on as it was to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment